Some of the insects that attack fabrics are:
- Carpet Beetles
- Odd Beetles
- Webbing Clothes Moths
- Case-Making Clothes Moths
What you can do to avoid infestation:
- Clean, inspect and rotate textiles and costumes at regular intervals.
- Surface clean both sides of wall hangings by vacuuming and/or gentle brushing, when you vacuum your upholstery.
- Regularly remove lint accumulation from crevices and floor registers.
- Remove birds nests and feathers from exterior window ledges and gutters(every 14 days in springtime).
- Remove leaves and other debris from gutters and drains.
- Minimize use of flowering plants in and around the house.
- Service trash receptacles daily.
- Use #20 mesh screen on all windows.
Place "sticky traps" in numerous locations until insect paths are found: replace traps monthly. [WARNING] Use moth crystals in enclosed areas. Do not use when storing furs, feathers, leather, parafin, certain buttons, and Navajo rugs produced between 1800 and 1868. Crystals may affect the keratin of the wool from Churro sheep.
What C.O.F.F. Can Do:
C.O.F.F. offers dry cleaning, deep freezing or oxygen depletion services for items that are infested. Also, we have "SLA," a Pyrethrin product.
Click below on the thumbnails to see a larger sample.
About the Company |
Museum Quality Mounting |
Eradication of Insects
Eradication of Fungi | Archival Storage | Sample Works | About Bonnie | Home
COPYRIGHT 2020, All images, pages, and content are property
of the Conservators Of Fine Fabrics